What do I do if my gift card wasn’t activated?
10 Things to Do When Your Gift Card has No Value
- Show Card to the Cashier.
- Ask What the Error Message Is.
- Ask For the Manager.
- Check the PIN.
- Make Sure the Gift Card is Activated.
- Ask for the Balance and Transaction History.
- Contact Customer Service.
- Contact the Card Issuer.
How do I know if my gift card is activated?
Locate the URL by checking the sticker on the front of the card.
- Your card is probably ready to use and doesn’t need activation if you don’t see a sticker or other indicators.
- Check the back of the card for specific instructions if you don’t see an activation sticker.
What does it mean if a gift card is not active?
Visa gift cards are linked to bank accounts that generally must be activated in order to receive transactions. Inactive cards will be declined if used for payment because the associated bank accounts are not ready to be used. When the gift card is loaded with value (purchased), the gift card is automatically activated.
How are gift cards activated?
But it’s really simple. When you buy a gift card at the store (whether it is a retailer, restaurant, Visa or Mastercard gift card), you take the gift card to the cash register and ask the cashier to load money onto the card. The cashier takes the card, activates it and loads the dollar amount requested onto the card.