Quick look at the best debit cards for traveling overseas
- Best for getting cash at foreign ATMs: SoFi Money.
- Best for no foreign transaction fees: NBKC Personal Account.
- Best for currency conversion fees: Charles Schwab Bank.
Which debit card can be used internationally?
If you don’t like the sound of opening a brokerage account, consider the Capital One 360 Checking Account for a debit card for international travel. The account comes with a MasterCard debit card, one of the most widely accepted cards worldwide.
Which bank debit card is best for international transactions?
Top 5 Banks Offering International Debit Cards:
- SBI International Debit Cards.
- ICICI Bank International Debit Cards.
- HDFC Bank International Debit Cards.
- Axis Bank International Debit Cards.
- Yes Bank International Debit Cards.
Is it better to use debit or credit card abroad?
Debit cards vs credit cards while abroad
As debit cards usually charge more fees for usage and the exchange rate tends to be uncompetitive. Credit cards do come with higher interest rates however, so it’s best to pay off your balance regularly and fully which is usually due on a monthly basis.
Can I use my debit card in another country?
Debit cards are issued by many different financial institutions, including banks and credit unions. Before you travel abroad, make sure you will be able to access your funds, either at an automated teller machine (ATM) or a bank in a foreign country, using your United States-issued debit card.
Do debit cards have international fees?
» Best debit cards: The best debit cards are from banks with no foreign transaction fees and other perks. There are two types of debit card fees you may face overseas: Foreign transaction fee: This fee, also called a currency conversion fee, usually ranges from 1% to 3% of the purchase amount.
What banks have no international fees?
The 14 Best Checking Accounts To Avoid International ATM Withdrawal Fees
- Chase Bank.
- Ally Bank® – Interest Checking Account.
- Aspiration – Spend & Save Account.
- Capital One 360 Checking Account.
- Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking Account.
- Discover Bank.
- Fidelity Cash Management Account.