How long does it take to get a prepaid travel card?
You can apply instantly online and get a decision immediately.
But it can take up to two weeks before your card arrives in the post.
How long does a travel card take to arrive?
If you apply online, the card will arrive by mail in approximately 5 business days. Get your card instantly at an STA Travel Store or receive it by mail within 7-10 working days when you apply online. Get your card instantly at any Westpac branch, but note the initial in-branch loading fee.
How do I get a prepaid travel card?
How it works
- Get a card: Purchase a card online or at a participating bank.
- Activate and register: Call the phone number on the card packaging to activate and register†.
- Load: Add funds to your card in-store at the time of purchase or online.
- Use: Make purchases everywhere Mastercard debit is accepted.
Is it worth getting a prepaid travel card?
A travel money card – also known as a prepaid travel card, or a currency card – is a popular and convenient form of travel money. It’s also usually considered to be safer than carrying foreign currency in cash – and much more user-friendly than using travellers cheques.
What is the best prepaid travel card?
Best buy prepaid travel cards
- Revolut – top rates on weekdays.
- WeSwap – top rates if you can wait & £20 bonus.
- FairFX – decent rates & £35 bonus.
Is a travel card worth it?
The more money you charge on a travel rewards card, the more points or miles you get. If you are able to pay off your credit card balance monthly, the travel rewards you get might be worth it. Isolating spending makes it easier to rack up the amount needed to get significant points or miles.
What is the best travel card to get?
The best travel money cards
- 7-Eleven Just Go Visa Prepaid. Currencies: AUD, USD, GBP, EUR, NZD.
- NAB Traveller card. Currencies: AUD, USD, NZD, EUR, GBP, SGD, HKD, JPY, CAD, THB.
- Qantas Travel Money. Currencies: AUD, USD, NZD, EUR, GBP, SGD, HKD, JPY, CAD, THB, AED.