To order a gift card:
- Go to Gift Cards.
- Choose the type of gift card you want to purchase.
- Click Add to Cart, and then click Proceed to Checkout.
- Provide payment information for your purchase and click Continue.
- Click Place your order.
How long does it take to receive a gift card from Amazon?
E-mail gift cards generally arrive within 15 minutes of ordering. Sometimes it may take up to 24 hours. Scheduled E-mail gift cards will be delivered to the recipient by 5 AM on the scheduled date of delivery.
What happens when you buy a gift card on Amazon?
A: Technically speaking, you are buying a gift card that can be redeemed toward millions of items at Amazon.com. Your recipient will receive a customized gift card that displays the image and title of the item you suggest.
How do I receive a gift from Amazon?
Send a Gift
- Check the This is a gift box on the item you want to purchase.
- Click Add to Cart.
- Click Proceed to checkout.
- Select a shipping address from your address book or enter a new one.
- Click Ship to this address.
- Check the boxes next to Gift-wrap this item and/or Include a free personalized gift message.
Why is my Amazon gift card not yet sent?
If you purchased an E-mail or Text Message gift card that doesn’t arrive, you can resend it to the recipient. To reissue an E-mail or Text Message gift card you purchased: Go to Your Orders. Click Order Details under the Order ID to reach the Order Summary page.
Why is Amazon not letting me use my gift card?
If you don’t want to use your gift card balance on your order, you can unselect it as a payment method in checkout. You won’t be able to redeem your gift card using the Amazon.com 1-Click service unless you redeem the gift card funds to Your Account first.